1. How We Collect and Use Information
We collect the following types of information about you:
Registration and Profile Information
When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, email address, mobile phone number and a photo, if you chose to have a photo associated with your account. We may also collect billing information when you sign up for our premium services.
Data collected through use of the Service
After you set up your account, we may ask for other profile and demographic information such as websites, social media links and interests.
We collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service. We obscure your exact location by randomizing the location within a minimum of 5 miles and a maximum of 10 miles distance from your exact location before sending any location data to any of our servers for storage or saving. Exact location data is only shared when messaging exact location with another user(s) via the messaging system. We collect your location to provide alerts when other users are within the area. If you turn off location sharing in one or more of your groups or with the general user basis, we will not share your location with such groups; however, we will continue to collect your location information in order to provide the Service (for example, to share your location with the other groups you continue to allow to see your location, or to provide advertising). We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the Service and then delete location data tied to your personal information. We may maintain de-identified location data for a longer period of time in order to analyze aggregate trends and metrics. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your location data, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to limit the app’s access to your location data. Please see “Your Choices About Your Information” below to learn more.
Messages and User Content
We collect information when you message other users or groups through use of the service. We may also retain any messages you send to us. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you alerts on the proximity of your friends, nearby events, etc. This can also include information in or about the content you provide (including metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.You can control your receipt of email and text alerts by visiting “Settings” and “Alert Options” within the mobile app. We may also send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails.
We also collect your contact information if you choose to share it with us in order to help you find existing contacts who are using our service.
Information we receive about you from others:
When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to Nomad Near Me’s website or Service.
Information we collect automatically through the use of technology
When you visit our website or use our mobile app, we and our business partners may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes, but is not limited to, IP address, browser information, referring/exit pages and URLs, click stream data and information about how you interact with links on the website, mobile app, or Service, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser and track your browsing behavior on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device. Some or all of this data may be combined with other personally identifying information described above. When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID or other identifier), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude), WiFi location or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. We use this information to:
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site or mobile app – Provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising
- Track your location and movements – Monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns – Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs, and automatically update our mobile application on your system and related devices.
- We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
2. Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in some circumstances, including: – We share your personal information, including name, email, and location with others within your Nomad Near Me groups. – We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytics services.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily post to the website, discussions areas in the app or to our Facebook page will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website or mobile app, or link your reviews to third party websites.
- We may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics of our data and may share that anonymized and/or aggregated data with third parties. For example, we may share de-identified location data with third parties that analyze location and movement trends.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
3. How We Protect Your Information Nomad Near Me cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. Your Choices About Your Information You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case Nomad Near Me may not be able to provide its Services to you.
Modifying Your Account Information and Settings You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your account. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
Access Your Information
You have the right to access all information you have provided or we’ve collected about you. You may use this information to port to another service. To receive this information, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delete Your Account and Personal Information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Children under 13 Neither the Consumer Services nor the Enterprise Services are directed to individuals who are under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any Data from children under 13. If you notice or suspect that a user is under 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In It For the Rivet
P.O. Box 12429
Oklahoma City, OK 73157